Skip to main content

A little bit about this blog

Well i'm Poppy, i'm 18 and  i've been struggling with mental health problems for quite a few years now. So i thought i would start this blog to tell my story as i thought it might be helpful for anyone going through something similar or has friends or family struggling too.
I often see 'recovery' Instagram and Tumblr accounts that simply aren't about recovery at all. I promise this blog will be positive and i hope to be able to show recovery really is possible if you want it enough.

All my love  

pops x

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Going exploring

I have been going out a lot recently and really enjoying myself. I feel so free and it's amazing to escape the drama of being on the ward. It's crazy to think back to 6 months ago when I couldn't stay outside for more than a few minutes. The noise and being out in the open scared me so much, going out was a massive challenge for me! Now I love exploring, It's been amazing seeing the sights of London and doing a bit of shopping. I've pushed myself to do all sorts recently! I've tackled the tube and even a bus over the past few weeks. All my love Pops x A beautiful evening going to the aquarium to see my favourite thing..turtles🐢

My story so far...

Looking back i was about 12 when i first started to notice something wasn't quite right. It wasn't everyday but i started to have a lack of motivation, a lack of motivation to go to school, to eat, to talk to people and sometimes even getting out of bed. Slowly over 2 years i went up and down but once i hit 14 things only got worse. I didn't understand why but just functioning like i used to wasn't even possible. I would rock up to school and make my way around somehow but once i got home i could barely remember a single thing i'd done.I was somehow getting myself through exams. sports matches and some kind of social life. Within a few weeks i was dragged to the GP and refereed to CAMHS. I remember sitting in my first appointment in front of a scary lady asking 101 questions. This is where i first learnt about inpatient hospitals although i think at that point i had gone to far past the point of caring to be scared. About a month later i was starting the 4 hour ...

A little trip to London

So today I achieved something pretty massive for me. I traveled up to London on my own for the first time, something I never even imagined I would be able to do. Over the passed few months my confidence has grown so much. There was a time I felt so anxious I couldn't even step outside, I couldn't talk to new people especially when it came to asking for things or even make decisions. After spending months behind closed doors every time I stepped outside it felt like my head was spinning. Trying to make sense of all the loud sounds, all the smells and making sure I knew where all the people were. I hated people coming close to me, loud sudden noises and massive open spaces scared me. It was all so overwhelming for quite a long time but slowly I built my confidence back up. Now I'm loving the independence and freedom. I still find it hard at times, like in big crowds or when people get so close to me I feel trapped but to be honest that isn't enjoyable for anyone is it? D...