Skip to main content

A little bit about this blog

Well i'm Poppy, i'm 18 and  i've been struggling with mental health problems for quite a few years now. So i thought i would start this blog to tell my story as i thought it might be helpful for anyone going through something similar or has friends or family struggling too.
I often see 'recovery' Instagram and Tumblr accounts that simply aren't about recovery at all. I promise this blog will be positive and i hope to be able to show recovery really is possible if you want it enough.

All my love  

pops x

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Going exploring

I have been going out a lot recently and really enjoying myself. I feel so free and it's amazing to escape the drama of being on the ward. It's crazy to think back to 6 months ago when I couldn't stay outside for more than a few minutes. The noise and being out in the open scared me so much, going out was a massive challenge for me! Now I love exploring, It's been amazing seeing the sights of London and doing a bit of shopping. I've pushed myself to do all sorts recently! I've tackled the tube and even a bus over the past few weeks. All my love Pops x A beautiful evening going to the aquarium to see my favourite thing..turtles🐢

My story so far...

Looking back i was about 12 when i first started to notice something wasn't quite right. It wasn't everyday but i started to have a lack of motivation, a lack of motivation to go to school, to eat, to talk to people and sometimes even getting out of bed. Slowly over 2 years i went up and down but once i hit 14 things only got worse. I didn't understand why but just functioning like i used to wasn't even possible. I would rock up to school and make my way around somehow but once i got home i could barely remember a single thing i'd done.I was somehow getting myself through exams. sports matches and some kind of social life. Within a few weeks i was dragged to the GP and refereed to CAMHS. I remember sitting in my first appointment in front of a scary lady asking 101 questions. This is where i first learnt about inpatient hospitals although i think at that point i had gone to far past the point of caring to be scared. About a month later i was starting the 4 hour ...

1127 days later

I am very proud to say that after 1127 days I've finally been discharged from inpatient services. After my section 3 was removed I spent a long weekend at home. I was really dreading spending 2 nights back at St. Andrews. However when I was told half way through Wednesday that I would be discharged the following day the 24 hours couldn't go fast enough. I could hardly sleep that night I was so excited. I practically ran out the door when it hit 2 o'clock the next day with a huge smile on my face. I have a wonderful support team that visit me at home but to be honest I'm actually doing pretty well on my own. I'm so greatful to have this chance to finally be free of inpatient services. Life is becoming everything I wanted it to be. I just want to say that recovery is so so so worth it. It may be slow, it may be up and down and it may feel totally impossible at times but I promise you, hold on. I first noticed things changing by the little things...lying In bed at ...