Skip to main content
So I haven’t written for a while but I thought I’d just write a little bit today. I’m currently writing this from Sri Lanka, something that 5 months ago was just a dream that I never thought would actually happen. I was weak, tired and unable to even really move from my bed. A holiday seemed pretty impossible. Just another thing my eating disorder had taken away from me. But one day I woke and something changed. As clique as it sounds something just clicked and I decided to make a change. It had got to the point where I either had to start eating or that control would have been taken away again. So I sat with my bowl of soup and ate it. I haven’t stopped since. However things really aren’t as simple as that for so many people and they certainly haven’t been for me before but the thought of this holiday kept me going. I’ve always wanted to come here and see my favourite animal..TURTLES!! I’m so glad I managed to turn things around and be here today. Life isn’t perfect but I have to say this holiday is pretty close to it! I’ve walked up mountains, washed an elephant and visited the most beautiful places and it makes all this hard worth worth it. When things seem impossible and you have nothing to work towards I think the thought of trying is so so so hard.that’s why it’s important to have little goals to work towards. Now at the start I had very little things like a walk with my dog and then a little trip to London. As I was getting stronger and stronger I could do so much more and that was a great feeling. Being able to laugh without it hurting, being able to walk around the shops without it taking every last drop of energy I had. Food = fuel. Calories is just energy. I used to hate all those sayings but it’s true, food gives us the energy to be able to enjoy life. Eating disorders are sometimes really glamorised and no they aren’t just a ‘diet’! They are such a horrible thing to have to live with and the effects they have on your life and body are horrible. You also don’t have to be ‘underweight’ to have an eating disorder, please always reach out for support. On a more positive note, I’m so glad to be out here enjoying the sunshine so I’ll leave it there. All my love Pops xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Going exploring

I have been going out a lot recently and really enjoying myself. I feel so free and it's amazing to escape the drama of being on the ward. It's crazy to think back to 6 months ago when I couldn't stay outside for more than a few minutes. The noise and being out in the open scared me so much, going out was a massive challenge for me! Now I love exploring, It's been amazing seeing the sights of London and doing a bit of shopping. I've pushed myself to do all sorts recently! I've tackled the tube and even a bus over the past few weeks. All my love Pops x A beautiful evening going to the aquarium to see my favourite thing..turtles🐢

My story so far...

Looking back i was about 12 when i first started to notice something wasn't quite right. It wasn't everyday but i started to have a lack of motivation, a lack of motivation to go to school, to eat, to talk to people and sometimes even getting out of bed. Slowly over 2 years i went up and down but once i hit 14 things only got worse. I didn't understand why but just functioning like i used to wasn't even possible. I would rock up to school and make my way around somehow but once i got home i could barely remember a single thing i'd done.I was somehow getting myself through exams. sports matches and some kind of social life. Within a few weeks i was dragged to the GP and refereed to CAMHS. I remember sitting in my first appointment in front of a scary lady asking 101 questions. This is where i first learnt about inpatient hospitals although i think at that point i had gone to far past the point of caring to be scared. About a month later i was starting the 4 hour ...

1127 days later

I am very proud to say that after 1127 days I've finally been discharged from inpatient services. After my section 3 was removed I spent a long weekend at home. I was really dreading spending 2 nights back at St. Andrews. However when I was told half way through Wednesday that I would be discharged the following day the 24 hours couldn't go fast enough. I could hardly sleep that night I was so excited. I practically ran out the door when it hit 2 o'clock the next day with a huge smile on my face. I have a wonderful support team that visit me at home but to be honest I'm actually doing pretty well on my own. I'm so greatful to have this chance to finally be free of inpatient services. Life is becoming everything I wanted it to be. I just want to say that recovery is so so so worth it. It may be slow, it may be up and down and it may feel totally impossible at times but I promise you, hold on. I first noticed things changing by the little things...lying In bed at ...